Stepping Stones Therapy, Inc.’s Learning Academy for the 2e Learner
Stepping Stones Therapy, Inc.’s Learning Academy believes that education is a personal journey for every family. Our program is designed to help families in a variety of ways along this road. Such as, helping you identify homeschool/alternative education options or finding the right fit for your learner’s unique learning style. Stepping Stones Therapy, Inc. and Learning Academy, Inc.’s offers a variety of specialized and individualized programs. Our goal is to provide an enriched learning environment and ensure each learner feels emotionally safe to explore, discover, and learn at his or her own pace and in his or her own way, with the support of a credentialed teacher and/or learning coach. Through small group instruction, with high teacher to student ratio, Stepping Stones Therapy and Learning Academy, Inc., will promote and execute success for your learner’s home school program. From traditional educational supports to hand crafted curriculum, Stepping Stones Therapy and Learning Academy, Inc. considers the needs of the whole learner. Whether entering the school years or embarking into young adulthood, Stepping Stones Therapy, Inc. offers meaningful, natural learning opportunities.
Our admissions process allows for us to gain insights toward each child’s educational history and needs as they relate to their experience, interests, challenges and strengths. Together, with prospective families we determine if Stepping Stones Learning Academy is the best fit. Our goal is to achieve self-awareness, self-confidence, independence and a lifetime love of learning in each and every child.
Steps toward admission are as follows:
- Schedule an initial 20-minute parent phone meeting to discuss general admissions information.
- Submit an application packet with $100 non-refundable application fee. A cognitive ability assessment report (i.e. WISC) and any related psychoeducational assessment reports must be submitted in order for the application to be processed
- Schedule your students 3-day shadow experience at Stepping Stones Therapy, Inc.’s Learning Academy.
After the application process and shadow experience have been completed, it will be determined by our admission staff if your child has been accepted.
- Register with an independent Charter School that Stepping Stones is an approved vendor for. This will allow families to take advantage of instructional fees to offset tuition.
- It is recommended that any learner who receives DIS services Speech and/or Occupational therapy, have their services be provided by our staff.
- Families are responsible for providing Stepping Stones Therapy, Inc.’s Learning Academy any grade level completion requirements that their home school program requires.
- Families will be required to transport their learner to and from the facility.
- Families will be responsible to provide work samples to and meet with their home school programs as required by their program.
- Families are responsible to providing snacks/lunch for their learner.
- Families must follow any recommendations made by Stepping Stones Therapy, Inc and/or Medical Professional.
Stepping Stones Therapy, Inc.’s Learning Academy is opened Monday – Thursdays from 8:45 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. We currently offer two programs.
- Academic Program Only: Learners attend Monday – Thursday from 8:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. During that time, students participate in Language Art, Social Studies, Math, and Science.
- Academic Program + Enrichments: Learners attend Monday – Thursday from 8:45 – 3:00. During that time, students participates in Language Arts, Social Studies, Math, and Science. In addition, students also participate in enrichment courses (i.e., Art Masters, STEAM activities, Creative Writing, Physical Education, etc.).
During these hours, learners will be supported to fulfill the requirements of the learner’s home school program. as well as address any unique needs and provide related services, (i.e., Speech Therapy and Occupational Therapy), as defined by their Individualized Education Plan (I.E.P). If your child does not have an IEP, that can still participate in related services (Speech and/or Occupational Therapy) at an additional cost.